By command of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, it is hereby announced that His Majesty has decided to change the name of Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam to Brunei Darussalam Central Bank, BDCB. Following the name change, the Brunei Darussalam Central Bank operation is to be maintained at the current premise, namely the Ministry of Finance and Economy's building.
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam has also commended for the commencement of the Brunei Darussalam Central Bank Act 2021 to be in effective as of Sunday, 27th of June 2021, to replace the current Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam Act. In this regard, His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam also consented for the appointment of members of the Brunei Darussalam Central Bank Board of Directors as follows:
- Yang Mulia Dato Seri Paduka Awang Haji Ahmaddin bin Haji Abdul Rahman, Deputy Minister of Finance and Economy for Fiscal.
- Yang Mulia Dato Seri Setia Doctor Haji Japar bin Haji Mat Dain ALIAS Maidin, Deputy State Mufti.
- Yang Mulia Pengiran Hajah Siti Nirmala binti Pengiran Haji Mohammad, Permanent Secretary at the Prime Minister's Office.
- Yang Mulia Doctor Dayang Hajah May Fa'ezah binti Haji Ahmad Ariffin, Permanent Secretary for Economy at the Ministry of Finance and Economy.
- Yang Mulia Pengiran Hajah Zety Sufina binti Pengiran Dato Paduka Haji Sani, Permanent Secretary for Industry at the Ministry of Finance and Economy.
- Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Zuraini binti Haji Sharbawi, Solicitor General at the Attorney General's Chamber.
- Yang Mulia Dayang Hajah Rokiah binti Haji Badar, Managing Director of Brunei Darussalam Central Bank.
Source: Radio Television Brunei