Construction Project for a High Voltage Delivery System Network to Supply the People of Temburong District

The electrical supply requirements for Temburong District is expected to increase following the opening of the Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Bridge. Thus, the Ministry of Energy will continue to closely monitor the electrical supply to ensure the district's supply is sufficient. At the same time, the Ministry of Energy will also explore several methods to instil the use of solar technology in Temburong District aside from taking initiatives towards the green building concept. In an interview during the Special Programme 'Temburong: Permata Hijau Negara Brunei Darussalam' or Temburong: Green Jewel of Brunei Darussalam, Yang Berhormat Dato Seri Setia Doctor Awang Haji Mat Suny bin Haji Md Hussien, Minister of Energy explained that 70 percent of the electrical energy supply in Temburong District is generated by the Belingus Power Station while the other 30 percent is supplied from the Sungai Besar Network System.

"The Ministry of Energy's planning through the Department of Electrical Services, includes the construction project for a high voltage delivery system network to supply the people of Temburong District with a more assured, sustainable and more environmentally friendly energy. With the project's completion, the Belingus Power Station which uses diesel as fuel can shut down its operation in phases. The shutting down of the power station will reduce carbon emissions and this will build up Temburong District as the country's Green Jewel."

Source: Radio Television Brunei