The Minister of Health stated that cases that are being treated at the National Isolation Centre and other isolation centres are divided into 5 categories.
- Category 1 for cases that do not have any signs of infection;
- Category 2 for cases that have signs of infection but do not have lung infection or pneumonia;
- Category 3 for cases that have signs of infection as well as lung infection or pneumonia;
- Category 4 for cases that have lung infection or pneumonia and require oxygen support. These cases normally require close monitoring at the Intensive Care Unit.
- And Category 5 for critical cases where the COVID-19 infection has caused multiple organ failure. These cases normally require ventilators or heart/lung machine, ECMO.
At this time, 70.6 per cent of the cases are in Category 1; 17.7 per cent in Category 2; 6 per cent in Category 3; 5.1 per cent in Category 4; and 0.8 per cent in Category 5.
Source: Radio Television Brunei